Enhanced Disinfection Protocols and PPE as preventive measures for COVID-19
Our dental office standard of care is, and has always been, following strict sterilization protocols of all instruments used in your mouth and disinfection of the treatment rooms. If an item used for dental treatment can’t be sterilized, we are utilizing single use barriers and disposables that are for one-time use.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have heightened our disinfection protocols between all patients. In addition to our standard strict dental office hygiene protocols, we have taken extra measures to increase the safety of all patients and Houston Dental Oasis Team members. This includes:
- We see 1 patient in the office at a time and we space out the patient appointments so that we can thoroughly clean the treatment room, waiting room, reception area, and restroom, between every patient. This is likely one of the cleanest public places you will enter.
- We offer every patient who enters our office hand sanitizer and a face mask.
- All staff members wear face masks at all times, including our receptionist.
- Between every patient we: disinfect the reception counter, credit card terminal, waiting room chair, all doors and doorknobs, the front door, and other highly touched surfaces.
- We use hospital grade air purifiers, for the cleanest air possible.
Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- Heightened evacuation protocols during clinical procedures, to minimize the aerosols generated.
- Increased protective wear for clinical staff. This includes: surgical gown, N95 mask, face shield, gloves, extra disposable barriers on equipment.
Our office is one of the cleanest and safest public spaces for patients during this pandemic. We do this because we truly care about all our patients, and only want the best for them.